Tuesday, January 10, 2012
Venue #33: Huron Substation
The Huron SubStation is an intimate and fully unique setting located just north of downtown Los Angeles (where the 110 meets the 5 freeway). The interior boasts vintage brick (circa 1906), arched windows, a 45’ high ceiling with skylights, 12’ high arched doors opening onto a granite courtyard (featuring a modern concrete and steel fountain), and an 8’ diameter steel chandelier hovering over the main room. We are a boutique; European style business that believes small is beautiful.
The Huron SubStation is flattered that many couples find this location to be a special choice for their wedding. However, we must remind you that we are not a wedding hall and do not function as such. The Huron SubStation is primarily a home, a well-known one-of-its-kind location for film, photography, and for a limited number of clients, an event location.
* -8’ long, diorama style bar (customizable) on wheels.
* -Ceiling mounted digital surround sound system (ipod compatible).
* - Projection system with 14’ wide screen.
* -Access to kitchen: dual ovens, 4 burners, salamander grill and a griddle (access to caterers only). The refrigerator is not available.
* -Wireless internet.
* -Access to over 3500 square feet of space via the main room, courtyard, and mezzanine.
* - Drive in load capabilities.
* -Friday or Saturday (noon - midnight) $4500.00. (includes 1 hour coordination meeting, each additional meeting billed at $45/hour).
* -Jeffrey Valet is a required vendor. CLICK HERE FOR ESTIMATE
* -24 hour $1,000,000 liability insurance policy.
* -$1750.00 deposit.
* -Maximum number of guests: 125.
* -We close at midnight.
* -Apologies, we do not accommodate wedding rehearsals.
* -Chairs and tables not included (with the exception of (4) 8’ tables).
* -All vendors must be licensed and insured.
* -We are an indoor/outdoor venue with no climate control. Therefore, we currently only book from April-November.