Hi Karen! Thank you so much for this post(and this blog!) Really! Hope I can find a suitable wedding venue! :)
Here is my wedding plan.
1. Number of people: 150~200(flexible)
2. Desired Cost of Venue ONLY: $1000-3000;
3. We want to bring our own caterer. Most of us don't drink, so no booze.
4. Outside for Both Ceremony and Reception. (can be at same location too)
5. No special theme.
6. less than 1hr driving distance from Los Angeles.
I recently found Clarke Estate from your blog, which was the most suitable venue for my wedding among all my other researches. I'm wondering if there's other venue that suits those conditions. Thank you so much, Karen!
The hardest part about your situation is that you want to fit a LOT of people on a modest budget (mine was modest too!), and you don't want a required caterer. Here's my top 5! If you ended up choosing a venue and/or other readers have another idea, please comment! I agreed that Clarke was a perfect choice for you!
TOP FIVE FOR inLUV!!!!
POSSIBLE VENUE 1: Clarke Estate
POSSIBLE VENUE 2: Maxwell House (with ALL of it staged outdoors)
POSSIBLE VENUE 3: Brand Library
POSSIBLE VENUE 4: Newland Barn Rental
POSSIBLE VENUE 5: Harbour View Clubhouse